Internet Memez
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Meme Version: The Rise of Weegee

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Style Spriting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SP
Mario's Head Admin
Mario's Head Admin
SP

Moneh : 15806

Pokémon Style Spriting Empty
PostSubject: Pokémon Style Spriting   Pokémon Style Spriting I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:24 pm

This is very simple. Get a 64x64 canvas, and draw your dude. Make sure everything is 1 pixel long, unless it is connecting to another part of the bady.
Pokémon Style Spriting Th_Tut1
Step 2: Colors
Get a color that your sprite would be if we lived in a world with no shades and highlights. Then make that color a bit brighter. This'll be your highlighting color. Use eyedropper to get back to your basic color, then make a darker shade of it, and then even a darker shade. Oh, and be keeping all these colors you are getting somewhere on your canvas. They'll be erased at the end, but they are needed for nao. Do this for every color. Make sure there are no more than 16, including the background color, black, and to some extent, white. If you need to conserve colors for some reason, only make the two darker shades and skip the highlight. Nao color in your dude with the "basic" colors, or the 2nd to lightest color.
Pokémon Style Spriting Th_Tut2
Step 3: Shading
Cool. Nao we start shading. This can be a bit difficult. Just remember that the light source is from the top left, or for a back sprite, the top right. For the shade color, pick the 2nd to darkest color. Almost everything has a shade, but there will be more towards the back than at the front. Do this for every color you have. Although, some colors may not need to use the shade color.
Pokémon Style Spriting Tut3
Step 4: Highlights
Highlights are where the sprite is directly hit by the light source. It can also make somethings look shiny. lol. Anyway, usually there are less highlights than shades, which is why if you need to conserve colors, you can most likely skip this step.
Pokémon Style Spriting Tut4
Step 5: Outlines
Outlines are an important part of the style. Get your darkest color, and where the highlights are start going over the black outline with the darkest color. This is also true for the basic color, but not as much, and as the basic color gets more towards the shade, it is wise to stop. Black outlines stay for where the shades are. Also, things like nostrils and the outline on lines: if they aren't in a shade, they are also made the same color.
Pokémon Style Spriting Tut5
Stey 6: Background Color
This is only important if you are inserting it into a ROM. The background color is just a color that is not part of the sprite you just sprited. Oh, and to make sure they insert properly, the fron and back sprites need the same background color.
And there you go!
Pokémon Style Spriting 6

I made this tutorial because the one 5qwerty made was deleted while "cleaning up."
He could probably make a better one.
Oh, and that sprite was deleted, because it was a tutorial one, and I didn't try hard enough on it.
But, it IS a beta design for a starter for my Pokémon game.
LEAKS.
Back to top Go down
https://internetmemez.forumotion.com
Lord Mudkipz
Weegee Admin
Weegee Admin
Lord Mudkipz

Moneh : 24268

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Style Spriting   Pokémon Style Spriting I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:45 am

Again, awesome, but outline needs work.
Back to top Go down
SP
Mario's Head Admin
Mario's Head Admin
SP

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Style Spriting   Pokémon Style Spriting I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:45 am

Yeah. Back is messed up.
And I now hate spriting fire.
Back to top Go down
Lord Mudkipz
Weegee Admin
Weegee Admin
Lord Mudkipz

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Style Spriting   Pokémon Style Spriting I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:33 am

Why so?
Back to top Go down
SP
Mario's Head Admin
Mario's Head Admin
SP

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Style Spriting   Pokémon Style Spriting I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:58 am

I can't do it right.
Looks like crap every time.
Back to top Go down
Lord Mudkipz
Weegee Admin
Weegee Admin
Lord Mudkipz

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Style Spriting   Pokémon Style Spriting I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Well...

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Style Spriting   Pokémon Style Spriting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Style Spriting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Internet Memez :: Chat :: Tutorials-
Jump to: